Monday, May 7, 2012

4.25.2012 Vancouver Day 2

The Plan:

Grrh. Why is it still raining!?!? And if it's going to rain, at least have the guts to pour and have thunderstorms Vancouver!!! Not this pathetic constant dribble. (I was grumpy. I was hungry and my shoes were still wet from the day before so sue me.)

Moving on. Burrard Bridge.

The boats at either sides of the bridge, with what I presume is Burrard himself as the figure head, are certainly interesting, if not just a little creepy.

There are windows in the transverse section of the towers, but no stairs. Hmmm.... interesting.





A couple of artworks along the shoreline. The square-looking thing in the second photo is dedicated to Captain George Vancouver. Not sure if I get it, but they're certainly interesting to look at.

Granville Island.

I headed immediately towards the market where I bought some smoked salmon, bread, and a sun-dried tomatoes bagel from the famous Siegel's Bagels. The bagel was really good (I wish I was eating one right now.) People were buying by the dozens. There were also some crazy looking succulent plants for sale but I wasn't sure if they could be brought onto the plane with me so I had to leave them behind.

The smoked salmon on bread for a midnight snack. So good!

The smoked salmon was denser and chewier than what I was used to. I liked it. A little cream cheese would have been perfect.

Granville island is also home to the Emily Carr University of Art and Design, which I did not know until I saw this.

A totem pole workshop. Look at the salmon carvings by the main doors!


Just casually strolling through the island trying not to think about the bagel I just had.
Then it was off to catch up with the ever-so-awesome GT. Wonderful lunch at a Malaysian restaurant on Broadway called Banana Leaf. The satay chicken was most excellent. Thanks GT!

No comments:

Post a Comment