Thursday, May 3, 2012

4.22.2012 Jasper Park

Let the oohing and aahing commence. Apologies for the photo quality. The windows of the dome car was supposed to be washed in Winnipeg/Edmonton but the attendant forgot, hence the specks and dirt.

The weather wasn't very cooperative that day but the impressiveness of the mountains still shone through.

 


 
 
 
 


Look! Mountain goats grazing by the track! I even saw one up in the rocks, its butt poking out over the edge. A little dismayed that no moose or elk were sighted but I'll take what I can get.

Finally, the town of Jasper. The train stops for an hour and a half but the reality is that you only get a solid hour, just enough to grab a coffee/snack but not enough for anything else. I wanted to try out the Jasper Discovery trail but it was simply too far from the train station. Instead, I just walked around a bit before heading back to the train so I can snag a decent seat in the dome car. I'm so glad I went back early because there were a lot of new passengers (including an entire tour group) getting on the train at Jasper.

 Once again, champagne and hors d'oeuvres to send us on our merry way.

1 comment:

  1. you know the random mountain goat you saw in the rocks was mooning you ;)... yes i am 12... and a half :D

    ReplyDelete