Friday, May 4, 2012

4.22.2012 Jasper Wildlife (?)

It rained for hours as I scanned the trees and rivers for signs of wildlife. I really wanted to see a bear. Finally, I got tired and decided to go and shower. And wouldn't you know it, a bear appeared just off the track while I was in the shower.  I then spent the next two hours fervently scanning for any and all signs of wildlife. In the end, my wildlife sighting count was a miserable 0.5 (I may have saw a bear or a just bear-shaped blob. It's highly contestable at this point.)

Wait. Make that 1.5. I saw the behind of a white-tailed deer. It was really just a white spot bouncing around in the field, but I have witnesses on that sighting.

Luckily, the rain finally let up and I was able to snap a couple of decent pictures of Jasper at twilight (I hate how Stephenie Meyer has forever tarnished the word twilight for me.)
FYI, dinner was a lovely rack of lamb with blueberry balsamic sauce. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. that is so blue it's amazing...I haven't seen a landscape that blue before that wasn't digitally altered!

    ReplyDelete