Friday, May 4, 2012

4.23.2012 Vancouver Day 1

The Plan:
The walk from the train station to Gastown wasn't as nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It's cherry blossom season in Vancouver so the walk was quite lovely, even with a heavy backpack.

 
How's this for coincidence? One of the first things I see in Vancouver, a T&T supermarket.
Gastown. I love the architectural styling of the buildings. In a way, it's reminiscent of New York City. The famous steam clock. I got there just in time to hear it chime (?) whistle (?). The inner mechanisms are extremely cool to look at, especially the ball bearings.  

Vancouver Lookout. Normally, I'm not a big fan of going up tall buildings, but the ticket was already included in my Vancouver City Passport and who am I to say no to a freebie? The elevator ride up went surprisingly smooth. I don't know if someone secretly slipped diazepam in my morning breakfast while I wasn't looking, but I was super calm and steady throughout the visit.
The view from the top. Nice right?
The ticket actually allows for multiple entries, which would have been really nice for some nighttime shots. Unfortunately, I didn't want to risk walking around downtown at night in a foreign city... sighs... next time. 

1 comment:

  1. I love listening to the steam clock, it's one of the things I always do when I go to Vancouver... well the 2 times I've been there.

    ReplyDelete