Thursday, April 19, 2012

4.19.2012 ViaRail Panorama Room

Picked up my tickets at the station using one of those self-serve kiosks. Easy enough.

Look at the pretty train schedule in the station. So excited!!! And no crazy line-up or security checks. Train 1: Airplane 0.

The sleeper class ticket comes with access to ViaRail's Panorama Room. And of course I was going to take advantage to this perk :)

Took me a minute to actually locate the room but I did find it in the end. It was tucked away off the side corridor of the western entrance. FYI, the sign by the entrance doors will try to tell you to exit but ignore it and just walk three more paces pass the sign.

First impression? Very nice, clean and bright with nice plushy sofas. Lots of people but not crowded at all. Sat for a couple of minutes before I realized I was supposed to check in (which ViaRail doesn't tell you anywhere on the website or when you pick up your ticket via the kiosk.)

After checking in, I signed up for the next day's meal seating. A happy face stamp on my meal ticket. A sign of things to come???

Not knowing any better, I signed up for the first seating. I'll have to see if that works out in my favour or if it makes any difference at all. There's an open beverage bar at the lounge where you help yourself. Surprisingly enough, none of the staff offered this information (trying to save money?). You had to figure it out yourself.

The chairs were comfy. Internet was free flowing. We were off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment