Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4.23.2012 Vancouver Art Gallery...

... was a real disappointment unfortunately.
I wanted to see the "Emily Carr and the Transcendence of Nature." The title would suggests an exhibit devoted to the life and works of Emily Carr, right? Not so. There were only six paintings. I was flabbergasted. The other two exhibits were 1) 60's art; and 2) native pop art. Neither of which I'm very interested in. I do have to say that the building is very impressive from the outside and the inside staircase and skylight are things of beauty. The only part of the native pop art exhibit I found interesting was the works done by Brian Jungen. He repurposed Air Nike shoes into native spirit animals. The creativity of his work is quite impressive.



Oh well, I went so you don't have to.

P.S. the posts on the train are coming but I'll likely be doing some heavy re-editing once I get home so the posts will be chronological

No comments:

Post a Comment