Saturday, April 21, 2012

4.19.2012 All aboard!

Here I am, onboard the Canadian, trying to squeeze out a few more posts before the train departs T.O. In spite of several empty seats and empty rooms, I do have a bunkmate. She's an extremely nice lady who has quite a life story. Unfortunately, she is a smoker who's already jonesing for her next cigarette. I don't mind having a bunkmate but would have been extra happy if ViaRail had spread us out more and I had more space to myself.

First glance at my sleeping space. Very nice of the attendants to have everything all set up.

It's about the space of an average bunk bed. The bed and pillows(!) are surprisingly comfy. There are small, circular mirrors on either sides of the bed. There is a narrow mesh off to the side for your stuff. Meant for smaller items, my backpack hangs precariously in the net. Also provided are two bags of toiletries, each complete with two bath towels, one face towel, soap, and shampoo.

Having a good sense of balance and a small frame will help immensely if you have the upper berth (unfortunately, my sense of balance is not quite up to par causing a half-climb, half-stumble motion.) Those stepladders are slightly tricky. They slide if there's not enough pressure. Being nimble will also help with the circumnavigation of the train.

Look at the width of the corridors!
 
Went exploring and found myself in the 360 view car where champagne and tasty desserts were served to send us on our way. Not too shabby! Not too shabby at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment