Friday, June 24, 2011

Contingency plans [Update]

AC has delayed my flight by 4 hours, which means I'm definitely going to miss my connecting flight. Scenario 1 is rapidly unfolding before my eyes (hmm... should I use my clairvoyant ability for good or evil? maybe I should try out my evil laugh to see if I have what it takes. Muhahahahahah...)

If my flight remains on time (the new time, that is,) I should still be able to catch the very last flight out of Narita. If not, AC owes me lodging for the night. I'm kind of hoping for the former since in the latter I will be arriving in Taiwan close to midnight, which is going to be very troublesome for my relatives (They are retirees! They need their sleep!)

I'm also slightly worried about my luggage (I can definitely see myself getting on the last flight but not my luggage.)

Am now drinking a Starbucks chai latte at the airport while busily typing on my laptop trying to create a seasoned traveler vibe so I don't look as stressed as I feel.

2 comments:

  1. did AC at least give a reason for the 4 hour delay? or is the reason for the delay because they are AC?

    Saw your post on Facebook that you are now spending the night in Narita. you did say that you were probably going to spend the night there.

    here's hoping that by the time you get to Taiwan your luggage gets there at the same time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reason whatsoever. I estimate there to be at least 60-80 people who missed their connections as well and had to stay the night.

    ReplyDelete