Saturday, July 2, 2011

Research&Planning

FINALLY got internet. Things have been pretty hectic but here's my plan for the next seven weeks. Look at my map. A work in progress, but isn't it beau-ti-ful?


I plan on doing A LOT of eating (about 70% of my estimated budget is for food) as you can see from the number of "food/drink" pins dotting the map. Most of the vendors on my list come from popular food blogs/tv shows so I'm looking forward to checking them out. The red/blue pins denote nightmarkets/tourist sights.

Taipei city also offers some really great hiking trails since it's surrounded by mountains. I've marked a couple of them here but there are at least a dozen more accessible (more or less) via subway/bus.

My "Taiwan" folder has been in progress for the better part of two years but to quote a chinese proverb, "plans never catch up to changes (計畫永遠趕不上變化)." Both times I was in Taiwan last, none of my research was of much use. There always seemed to be something more important or simply my ideas got vetoed nine out of ten times. Of course, this is not to say I didn't have any fun during those trips. It was just a different kind of fun (after all, there's no way I could have afforded those restaurants we went to and their delicious delicious foods.)


I have eight weekends to fit all this in. Start your watch for pure insanity...ready...set...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment