Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Montreal - Schwartz's

Schwartz's. A Montreal establishment.

I first heard of this place on one of Anthony Bourdain's shows. It looked really good on the TV screen then. It looked even better in person.


I got the classic smoked meat sandwich with a cherry coke. So good. I tried both the medium and lean. I think I like the medium slightly better. The fat gives it a little more flavour. The cherry coke by itself was mediocre, but went really well with the sandwich.   

We were unbelievably lucky and got the table. The next day, the line was out the door and we had to settle for takeout instead.

Next time though, I think I'm going to buy the meat a la cart and pair it with a kaiser bun. The bread in the sandwich fell apart too easily for my liking.

1 comment:

  1. Will the leaner version of anything ever taste better? ;)

    You should have a food blog, I'm telling ya!

    ReplyDelete