Saturday, September 3, 2011

Everyday life (Part II)


Spoils of Conquest/Collection
Lookee what I managed to "claw" in Taichung. Hehehehehehahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe I actually got one.

Isn't he cute? He was my good luck charm for the summer.

I saw a bigger version of him at a bookstore. Good thing I forced myself to walk out otherwise who knows what that might have led to. A suitcase full of its peripheral stationery and gift items, most likely.




Remember the stickers con promotion that seemed to go year-round in Taiwanese convenience stores? Well, I fell victim to it this summer, hard.

First, it was the Doraemon fans. I got Nobita first (the little guy in the Japanese robe.) I told myself I had to stop. But what is Nobita without Doraemon? So I started collecting again. Luckily I got Doraemon on my first try (you can't pick which one you want, it's all chance.) Otherwise, it might have turned really ugly.
 

Next, it was the mugs. Since there's a Hi-Life where I worked, the stickers naturally accumulated over time. When I finally went to redeem them, I got a "special" mug (not pictured), one that wasn't listed on the tiny promotional flyer. It even looked different. Everyone was saying it's a special "hidden" version. One coworker even dared to say it was a "pirated" version (WHAT??? *glare*)
Anyways, I vowed to get a normal one. Because frankly, I was not fond of the one I got, no matter how "special" it was. So after some behaviour I'm now ashamed of, I managed to collect enough stickers for another mug. 
Tada! It's so much nicer than the special edition one. :D
 
Thank goodness I left Taiwan before this addiction got any worse. This stickers collecting business does not bring out my better side, let's just say.


No comments:

Post a Comment