Thursday, March 29, 2012

Great Expectations

"With great expectations, comes great disappointment." 

Okay, I took some artistic liberties with the Spiderman/Peter Parker quotation, but the quote still works.

I am trying really hard not to expect too much of VIA Rail. After all, it is a government-owned company. Videos like this one are certainly not helping. Look at the pretty mountains! Listen to that majestic music! And the food!

The overall consensus seem to be that the train will run late. The degree of lateness, however, is a matter of luck, ranging from an hour to 10+ hours. That's not exactly a good sign of things to come.

And while most of the reviews I have come across have been constructively positive, the negative reviews were scathingly so.

Doubt. Worried. Panicky. Jittery. I feel like I've just thrown the dice. The rest, is up to Fate. Let's hope she's feeling kind and I don't get an ambsace in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment