Saturday, October 1, 2011

Weekend 6: Saturday (Part II)


The Two Halls - Theatre Hall
I've been wanting to visit the two halls for a while now. But getting a guided tour for just myself was next to impossible. Instead, I ended up tagging along a group of elementary school students and their parents.
The tour was obviously simplified for kids but I was glad just to be able to go inside.
Both halls were modeled after the Forbidden Palace in Beijing. However, the interior of the music hall has far more western influences. One of the elements where this is the most evident is the chandeliers. Whereas the chandeliers in the theatre hall are fashioned like lanterns, the chandeliers in the music hall have the more conventional and western styling.
A close-up of the lantern chandelier.
One of my favourite photos from the theatre hall.

The Two Halls - Music Hall

My art appreciation skills are not quite up to par because I couldn't make heads or tails of this calligraphy masterpiece. Supposedly eight characters but it looks like a mess to me. Need to work on that, appreciating good calligraphy.

Note the chandeliers.

We got to see the VIP room. Even the doorknobs are super fancy.

We even got to see an orchestra practice. Pretty cool. Hopefully the next time I'm in Taiwan, I can take in a play/performance of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment