Sunday, May 29, 2011

Check! My Travel Checklist

Remember that episode of Friends when they go off to England? How Monica gave herself a little "check!" as she went through her travel checklist? Am I alone in thinking how brilliant it was of her to have a checklist?

*awkward pause*

... ANYWAYS, here is my travel checklist

Carry-on Luggage
    I usually carry at least three pieces of carry-ons (shoulder bag, backpack, and a tote. Sometimes even a small luggage when the check-in luggage overflows.) Needless to say, it gets quite cumbersome at security checks and whatnots. Downsizing is inevitable but I just haven't quite figured out how yet.

Shoulder bag
  • Passport 
  • Ticket(s)
  • Address book 
    • And by that I mean an actual paper address book. It's about the size of my cell phone, insert irony here. My 70+ year-old uncle carries one. It's just so very very old school. I love it. Or it could be because I've been hanging out with old people too long...)
  • Small notebook+pen
    • You never know when/where paper and pen will come in handy. You'll at least need a pen to fill out those pesky forms for customs!
  • Money
    • Duh! Plus, coins for the luggage cart.
  • Credit card
    • This is a new addition. I never used to bring my credit card when I'm flying to another country for both fear of identity theft and the fact that I tend to spend less when cash is my only method of payment. But after a painful lesson the last time around, emergency credit card is here to stay on my check list.
  • Cabin Comfort: Ear plugs+sleep mask+vaseline+gum  
  • Keys 
  • Camera
  • Travel-size mouthwash
    • I don't think I have to explain this one.      
Backpack
  • Laptop + charger
    • Frankly, I just don't trust the luggage handling crew.
  • Cellphone + charger 
Tote bag
  • Hoodie
  • Travel pillow 
  • Bag of salty crackers/chips
    • Airplane food = Urg
  • Bottle of water

No comments:

Post a Comment