Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The end...

   Well, I've arrived back home and in retrospect, I have to say, this vacation has been bittersweet, full of up and downs, and not at all what I had expected (in both good and bad ways).
   Aside from having fun, this trip was really meant to visit family (since I haven't been back to Taiwan for 6-7 years). During that time, a lot has happened, the details of which I'm not going to get into. I can't tell you how shocking it was to have to overlap the memory of my once vibrant grandmother with that of an ailing woman on an hospice bed. During my time in Taiwan, she caught pneumonia and things were a little touch-and-go for a while but luckily she stabilized just before my departure.
   While seeing family members was really great, it also meant I didn't have any personal time to just explore by myself and I only hit about three-quarters of the places on my list. I guess I'll just have to go back to Taiwan again... :)

   All that being said, I also went to a lot of wonderful places that wasn't on my original list thanks to my third uncle (whom in my opinion, can be a professional guide). Over the next week or so, as I unpack and adjust to the 13-hour time difference, I'll be organizing my pictures and updating the blog so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment